Hazardous & Dangerous Goods Advisor (FTC 3-6 Months)
Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What Staples will offer you...
•Competitive Salary Circa £50k Prorata Depends on Experience
•32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), increasing to 35 days with service
•Holiday Buy Scheme
•4% Contributory Pension Scheme
•Optional dental cover (pay-in)
•PerksatWork Discount Scheme
What you'll do at Staples...
- Advising of all legislation and their cross-relationship relating to hazardous and dangerous goods including but not limited to COSHH and ADR.
- Creation of GAP RAG analysis and presentation to the UK LT and relevant managers.
- Liaison with Project Manager to establish prioritised action plan, owners and on time delivery of each element, including weekly update reports.
- Analysis and identification of all H&D goods, SDS and Risk Assessments.
- Leading and informing on changes to procedures/processes/systems and training everyone involved.
- Audit and create overview of business practice to ensure sustained compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Create clearly defined documented handover to permanent H&D personnel.
What you'll bring to Staples...
- Current DGSA qualified, all categories (carriage of goods by air/road/sea and carriage of Lithium batteries)
- COSHH Risk Assessment certificate
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- Fire Risk Assessment Certificate
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Significant experience within Dangerous Goods to include training colleagues within distribution centre and head office environments
- Strong level of experience in a DGSA role
- Experience of managing storage and carriage of dangerous goods by road
- High attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to communicate on all levels both internally and externally
- Strong IT proficiency
- Able to prioritise time working in a multi-site environment and manage/influence colleagues remotely
- Able to combine a range of strategic and hands-on tasks and manage a diverse workload
Who we are...
Staples offers a true single source solution that is effective, scalable and competitive for every workplace in the UK.
We provide a complete office supplies, furniture, tech, print and facilities solution, underpinned by sector focused experts, supported by dedicated account managers; and with 20,000 stocked products in a £50m state of the art distribution centre ready for next day delivery, right across the country.
For us it’s about providing the right solution for the right place at the right time, and making sure that you have everything your business needs to succeed.