Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What Staples will offer you...
Competitive Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
What you'll do at Staples...
As the Health and Safety Manager for the UK (High Wycombe; Birmingham and Rockingham) and Facilities for the Rockingham Distribution site, you will lead our Health & Safety culture across all of its business units in the UK, in conjunction with the robust maintenance and continuous development of the Health and Safety (H&S) Management System.
You will support the Facilities, Quality and Environment Manager with all Staples UK facilities, manager Rockingham facilities, and related projects in all UK business units.
- Preparation of H&S strategies and develop internal policies and procedures, ensuring that all H&S documentation is developed, reviewed and maintained in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Manage Health and Safety governance across all sites to drive and health and safety culture
- Gives advice and helps to plan, execute, monitor and review protective and preventative measures in the work place to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries in line with policies and procedures to reduce the need for corrective actions
- Sourcing and selection of facility and maintenance contractors for Rockingham
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders (regulatory bodies and Site Management) to ensure Staples is compliant and ensure adequate risk assessment policies and insurances are in place to manage subcontractors’ activity, a safe environment for customers and associates with adequate welfare facilities and the safe installation of equipment
- Taking the lead on risk assessments and outlining safe systems of work which identify and take account of relevant risks.
- Ensure regular site H&S audits are carried out, documented and reported
- Working with management teams to change working practices to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Working with trainers, and delivering training directly where appropriate, to ensure managers’ and employees’ training is relevant and compliant.
- Investigating, reporting on and maintaining records of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Producing monthly management reports on agreed H&S topics, targets and objectives, providing clear recommendations to mitigate risk for UK Leadership and H&S Committees.
- Ensuring a high standard of MHE operation is achieved via the onsite MHE Instructors
- Managing, organising and advising on the safe storage of products in line with COSHH Regulations and the Fire Safety Order.
- Liaising regularly with, Security, Onsite Engineers and 3rd Parties.
- Liaising with HR and third party Occupational Health provider on vocational rehabilitation.
- Liaising and co-ordinating visits with insurers for accident investigation, personal injury and defence purposes.
- If necessary, liaising with regulatory authorities regarding enforcement visits and ensure all enforcement notices are actioned and adhered to
What you'll bring to Staples...
Grad IOSH preferable or exceptional Tech IOSH.
Experience in fast moving Warehousing and Distribution environment, Contact Centre and Offices.
2-3 years’ experience in similar roles and environment and H&S Advisor or Manager level.
A training qualification is desirable.
Excellent working knowledge of H&S legislation, keeping up to date with changes and experienced in updating/ informing the business where applicable.
Knowledge of OHSAS18001/4500, ISO14001; ISO9001
Knowledge of Facilities Management and interdependencies with H&S
Experience of running multi-site Health and Safety Committees.
Proven track record of achievement of HSE management systems.
Excellent communication, both spoken and written.
Good time management.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
Ability to interpret and apply Health and Safety legislation and policy to adapt as relevant.
Ability to work independently on own initiative with minimal supervision.
Computer literate and good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages.
Full UK driving license as inter-site travel is required.