Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What Staples will offer you...
Competitive salary 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) Holiday Buy Scheme4% Contributory Pension Scheme Life Assurance Eye care vouchers Health cash back plan Optional dental cover (pay-in) Perks@Work discount scheme
Free onsite parking
What you'll do at Staples...
Deliver a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR support (Employee Relations and Resourcing focussed) to all managers and employees across all three sites, whilst contributing to the achievement of the people plan, individual, team and business goals.
- Professional generalist HR service delivery with legal, best practice and company guidelines
- Ensure response time to queries/ ER issues is within 48 hour SLA
- Support the roll out of people manager coaching and training to ensure management capability for HR Policies and Procedures
- To increase brand awareness with regards to recruiting employees and ensure we pipeline and recruit talent through direct sourcing, whilst ensuring effective and timely resourcing process and the delivery of an excellent candidate experience regardless of outcome
- Provide HR advice, tools and support for managers on all HR policies and procedures covering the full employee lifecycle. Ensuring all issues are handled in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with company policies and employment legislation.
- To coach line managers in all areas, including disciplinary and grievance, performance improvement and absence management, to support effective management and the achievement of Company Objectives. This will include creation and delivery of workshops/ training sessions to support the development of management capability in Company HR policy and procedures.
- Provide advice on people change processes throughout the employee lifecycle including Reward (remuneration and benefits) and providing procedural advice and assistance in these areas.
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection strategy and own responsibility for recruitment for business areas/ identified vacancies to ensure timely and quality talent acquisition and the delivery of an excellent candidate experience regardless of outcome.
- Develop the knowledge and skills of people managers to assist them in driving the performance and engagement of their teams.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop the HR Administrator to deliver a highly effective, professional and responsive HR service to managers and employees, to ensure the delivery of individual/ team/company objectives as well as supporting their development goals.
- Advise on organisational design, and implement HR processes to support key business initiatives e.g. reorganisation, restructuring programmes etc
- Develop, maintain and update HR related documentation e.g. policies, procedures, handbooks, supporting documentation) ensuring that they reflect the current needs of the business, are aligned to current business strategy, meet legal requirements and are available as required via appropriate media (e.g. intranet).
- Compile regular HR Management Information and to assist in identifying trends that support informed decision making. Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of HR solutions to support the HR needs of line management.
- Ensure the critical annual cycle HR processes are executed to time i.e payroll deadlines, reward reviews and performance management grades, by collating documentation and providing guidance to processes.
- Draft internal communications & support internal employee forums and employee engagement and communications activities and events as required.
- Support the management and implement key HR projects and programmes as required to support the wider HR team, business and HR strategy.
What you'll bring to Staples...
- Have proven relevant experience in a client facing HR role as HR Advisor / HR Officer/ HR Generalist or similar, ideally with experience of working with both white and blue collar workers. Experience of supporting multi site operations in B2C and B2B customer focussed fast paced environments with client group experience working with Sales; Customer Services and DC operations as well as Head office support functions is highly desirable.
- Extensive generalist HR expertise in areas related to employment legislation, employee relations, people management, employee engagement, conflict resolution and change management with the ability to apply to complex business situations.
- CIPD qualified (to Associate or Chartered Member level), or equivalent experience. Ideally educated to degree level in HR or business related area.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint), HR systems (iTrent advantageous), and ideally Recruitment systems (Recruitee) experience or similar.
- Be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge and understanding of key HR theories and HR best practice.
- Understand and be aware of current and forthcoming employment legislation changes and be aware of the implications for the business. Be able to translate these into working practices to ensure ACAS & legislative compliance and manage risks to the business.
- Demonstrate previous experience of carrying out end to end recruitment activity, ideally for both permanent and temporary/agency workers. Experience in agency or in house recruitment also highly desirable.
- Previous direct people management experience (of a small HR team/ HR support role) with demonstrable experience leading by example in management practices would be advantageous.
- Be able to demonstrate effective coaching, consultation, communication and negotiation skills across all key relationships and be able to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent decision making skills coupled with a pragmatic approach with experience of working with complex problems / ‘grey’ situations
- Experience working in a matrix structure and the ability to build relationship and achieve results through influencing
- Highly adaptable and resilient
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to step in to assist with all areas as required.
- A pro-active, business focused attitude, coupled with tenacity & the determination to deliver is essential.
- Able to balance the daily delivery of key short-term activities, with long term thinking
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Good communicator (verbal and written), able to tailor their approach to the audience and active listening skills with an ability to engage and influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail.
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills - uses data to determine root cause, trends and related recommendations.
- Empathetic in approach with the ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels.
- Well-developed time management skills; ability to multi-task and produce work product with a sense of urgency.