HR & Resourcing Advisor (Interim)
Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What Staples will offer you...
Interim/contract for 6-9 monthsCompetitive salary £25K -£27.5K32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) Holiday Buy Scheme4% Contributory Pension Scheme Life Assurance Eye care vouchers Health cash back plan Optional dental cover (pay-in) Perks@Work discount scheme Free onsite parking
What you'll do at Staples...
As a HR & Resourcing Advisor you will deliver a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR support (Employee Relations and Resourcing focused) to all managers and employees in the Rockingham Distribution Operations Team, whilst contributing to the achievement of the people plan, individual, team and business goals. You main responsibilities will include:
- Provide HR advice, tools and support for managers on all HR policies and procedures covering the full employee life cycle. Ensuring all issues are handled in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with company policies and employment legislation.
- To coach line managers in all areas including disciplinary and grievance, performance improvement and absence management to support the achievement of Company Objectives.
- Provide advice on people change processes throughout the employee life cycle
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection strategy
- Ensure direct sourcing is the preferred method for recruitment and use of necessary media proactively to support and achieve this
- Responsible for the overall recruitment activity (permanent and temporary working with preferred agencies), for the DC Operations team, from approvals and intake meetings to tracking and reporting to advert writing and job posting.
- Overall responsibility for the timely, accurate and consistent response to both successful and unsuccessful candidates ensuring a good candidate experience
- Develop the knowledge and skills of people managers to assist them in driving the engagement and performance of their employees and teams.
- Support the development of HR, Payroll & Site Administrator to ensure efficient and smooth running of department as well as supporting their development goals and HR career.
- Support the management and implement key HR projects and programmes as required to support the wider HR team, business and HR strategy.
What you'll bring to Staples...
- Have proven relevant experience in a client facing HR role including as a HR Advisor or similar, ideally in with experience of working with Distribution/ Warehouse operations teams, both white collar and blue collar experience.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint), HR systems (iTrent advantageous), and ideally Recruitment systems (Recruitee) experience or similar.
- Extensive generalist HR expertise in areas related to employment legislation, employee relations, people management, employee engagement, diversity, conflict resolution and change management with the ability to apply to complex business situations.
- Be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge and understanding of key HR theories and HR best practice
- Understand and be aware of current and forthcoming employment legislation changes and be aware of the implications for the business. Be able to translate these into working practices to ensure ACAS & legislative compliance.
- Experience of working in B2C and B2B customer focused fast paced customer focused businesses. Related industry experience desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrate previous experience of carrying out end to end recruitment activity, ideally for both permanent and temporary/agency workers
- Be able to demonstrate effective coaching, consultation, communication and negotiation skills across all key relationships and be able to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent decision making skills coupled with a pragmatic approach with experience of working with complex problems / ‘grey’ situations
- Experience working in a matrix structure and the ability to build relationship and achieve results through influencing
- Highly adaptable and resilient
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to step in to assist with all areas as required.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience.
- Good Standard of education – to A level or similar in HR or business related areas or equivalent experience with good numeracy and literacy skills
- A pro-active, business focused attitude, coupled with tenacity & the determination to deliver is essential.
- Able to balance the daily delivery of key short-term activities, with long term thinking
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Good communicator (verbal and written), able to tailor their approach to the audience and active listening skills with an ability to engage and influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail.
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills - uses data to determine root cause, trends and related recommendations.
- Empathetic in approach with the ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels.
- Well-developed time management skills; ability to multi-task and produce work product with a sense of urgency.
- Previous direct people management experience (of a small HR team) with demonstrable experience leading by example in management practices would be advantageous.