Marketing Content Specialist
Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that.
Is it you?
What Staples will offer you..
•Competitive Salary Circa 25k Depends on Experience
•32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), increasing to 35 days with service
•Holiday Buy Scheme
•4% Contributory Pension Scheme
•Eye care vouchers
•Health cash back plan
•Optional dental cover (pay-in)
•Perks@Work discount scheme
• Free onsite parking
What you'll do at Staples...
- To implement the agreed content marketing plans by having a scheduled plan for creation, sign off and release dates of all on and offline activities
- To present and communicate the plan specifically to Sales and Customer Service to maximise performance of activities and drive customer awareness.
- Share new content and an overview of the release plan to our broader internal colleagues as internal awareness of how we are promoting the Staples brand and services
- Monitor and react to performance of each activity by analysing response rates, open rates, web analytics, social media KPIs and new prospect/customer engagement in conjunction with the Digital & Ecommerce Team
- Work with the Digital & Ecommerce team to regularly review performance of digital activities to influence improvement and change for future campaigns
- Create high quality written content that adds value to our customers and prospects and encourages a positive impression of the Staples business and brand, and demonstrates useful thought leadership to the readership
- Work with our vendor partners to utlilise content created in their businesses relevant to Staples and our customer audience
- Look at new and alternative ways of marketing our products, services and solutions across our customer portfolio
- Gain feedback from internal stakeholders on activities and continue to improve based upon validated feedback
What you'll bring to Staples...
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/ BSc degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in creative written content marketing activities demonstrated across both online and offline mediums
- Understanding the review process of market competitor content activities in addition to building knowledge by continually reviewing best in class businesses
- Understanding of interpreting data, general reporting and general administration
- Experience working in a B2C, customer focused environment
Strategic / Commercial
- Identifies trends in the business and market environment
- Implements sustainable content marketing strategies that facilitate customer and prospect engagement that leads to success through increasing new business wins numbers and prospect opportunities
- Balances short-term with long-term thinking
- Understanding of the prospect and sales process to ensure content plans align with what makes a customer ‘tick’ and builds confidence in a business and brand
- ‘Plan, do, check, act’ mentality
Entrepreneurial / Results driven
- Demonstrates effective decision making and identifies process efficiency
- Acts outcome-oriented aligning priorities to the company goals
- Demonstrates real commitment to achievement of targets and goals
- Monitors and evaluates the progress of performance metrics / strategic plans
- Addresses problems and gets things done despite obstacles & with sense of urgency
- Agile; understands the need for flexibility; is willing to start something and make adjustments along the way to find solutions; engages in dialogue about how to get things done;
- Action oriented: enjoys working hard and is full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not afraid to ask questions and seek advice
Innovation & Customer-Focus
- Acts with (external & internal) customers in mind; finds and embraces innovative and better ways to do things to facilitate winning with our customers
- Is customer-led in thinking, encouraging the idea of customer needs driving offer and solution enhancements
- Takes and encourages ownership for making improvements that leads to a seamless customer experience
- Sees the customer experience as a responsibility of every department and individual employee
- Actively finds ways to gain in-depth knowledge of what the customer needs, values and prefers by understanding their wider business objectives
- Demonstrates, by example, the importance of building long-term supportive professional relationships that optimise value and mutual loyalty
Leadership / Management
- Gains commitment from other parts of the business and promotes one company approach
- § Influences others across the organisation and facilitates collaboration by breaking down silos on different levels of the organisation including senior management
- Leads by setting a personal example of excellence in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Communicates with transparency, celebrating successes by building on the energy and ideas of team members
- Provides and facilitates honest feedback to drive excellence
- Cross-culturally sensitive; understands and can empathise with differences in people & cultures; respects differences
- Leverages best practices, utilising the best of what works across the group first
- Demonstrates resolve under pressure even if viewpoint unpopular
- Projects an optimistic, energetic "can do" attitude
- Consistently behaves in an honest, ethical manner
- Experience in all areas of content marketing management and implementation (including but not limited to market evaluation, rolling planning, execution and evaluation cycle)
- Demonstrable track record of core marketing principles and processes, involved in initiatives that have driven both ROI and increased customer loyalty
- Passionate, driven, high energy and customer obsessed. Highly self-driven and results focused
- A strategic thinker who can identify opportunities and drive the wider team to deliver
- A strong communicator who can build relationships across all levels, quickly gaining respect and credibility
- Entrepreneurial thinking style - able to quantify a return on investment and demonstrate clear achievements in line with company targets and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
Who we are...
Staples offers a true single source solution that is effective, scalable and competitive for every workplace in the UK.
We provide a complete office supplies, furniture, tech, print and facilities solution, underpinned by sector focused experts, supported by dedicated account managers; and with 20,000 stocked products in a £50m state of the art distribution centre ready for next day delivery, right across the country.
For us it’s about providing the right solution for the right place at the right time, and making sure that you have everything your business needs to succeed.