Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
*We are looking for a candidate either based in High Wycombe or Corby, Rockingham for this role.
What Staples will offer you...
- Competitive salary
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- 4% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Holiday Buy Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Eye care vouchers
- Optional dental cover (pay-in)
- Perks@Work discount scheme
What you'll do at Staples...
To support the Category Manager in the management and execution of multiple trading activity, ensuring that implementation of Merchandising activities and vehicle productions run smoothly through defined administration and response processes across internal functions and with vendors.
- Timely and excellent execution of activities and vehicle productions to deliver the trading plan
- Implementation of merchandising initiatives process across functions within the local organisation
- Implementation of best practice within local organization
- Management of daily administration tasks for incoming call, e-mail, product set-up in conjunction with the Implementation and Data Management team
- Implementation of best practice within local organisation
- Category and promotional planning support
- Product creation data collation and maintenance data for relevant systems
- Management of the administration of promotional activities
- Timely and accurate completion of the seasonal promotion admin
- Escalate vendor requests / needs to the Category Manager
- Ensure administrative processes are carefully managed
- Investigate and where applicable resolve vendor queries
- Respond quickly/ effectively to category related Sales and Customer Service queries and issues
- Work with supply chain to ensure product data in systems is accurate in related systems
- Work with vendor to ensure product content on our customer facing webshops is up to date and accurate
- The above represents general responsibilities and requirements for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
What you'll bring to Staples...
Education and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE-level standard of above , or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in a customer facing or administrational role advantageous
Strategic / Commercial:
- Can work with business systems to assist in product set-up
- Can work with business systems to ensure timely execution of product lifecycle
Innovation & Customer Focus
- Acts with (external & internal) customers in mind; finds and embraces innovative and better ways to do things to facilitate winning with our customers
- Is customer-led in thinking, encouraging the idea of customer needs driving product & process enhancements
- Takes and encourages ownership for making improvements that leads to a seamless customer experience
- Sees the customer experience as a responsibility of every department and individual employee
- Actively finds ways to gain in-depth knowledge of what the customer needs, values and prefers (e.g. competitive suppliers, etc.) by understanding their wider business objectives
- Demonstrates, by example, the importance of building long-term supportive professional relationships that optimise value and mutual loyalty
Leadership / Management
- Gains commitment from other parts of the business and promotes one company approach
- Influences others across the matrix and facilitates collaboration
- Cross-culturally sensitive ; understands and can empathize with differences in people & cultures; respects differences
- Supports virtual teams across boundaries, mindful of cultural backgrounds
- Leverages best practices, utilising the best of what works across the group first
- Demonstrates resolve under pressure even if viewpoint unpopular
- Projects an optimistic, energetic "can do" attitude
- Consistently behaves in an honest, ethical manner
- Supports change management & continuous improvement throughout the organisation
- Self-organizing, structured and pro-active with strong communication skills
- English: fluent and proficient in writing