Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What Staples will offer you...
What you'll do at Staples...
To proactively develop and grow Print awareness and sales across Staples Solutions existing customer base working both individually and alongside Staples Solutions account managers and also to identify, target and successfully acquire new customers and deliver new business targets and commercial KPIs in line with the strategic goals and budget of the sector.
To aggressively target, penetrate and develop value adding relationships at all levels within the new customer hierarchy and in particular drive a bundled category solution based conversation with the most senior/economic purchasing influencers calling on other Staples stakeholders for support and involvement as required.
- First point of daily account management contact for print customers and/or end users
- Promote awareness of customer unique printed and bespoke products and services through pro-active customer focused activity.
- To identify and implement new and extension opportunities whilst delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- Supporting Supply Chain Planning with effective management of print stock profile, ensuring set up of all stock products for auto-replenishment (as appropriate).
- Grow and develop online EasyPrint solution and related categories, improving profitability and lowering cost to serve.
- Own and develop the Print Solutions BAU customer relationship; sell a wide portfolio of print related products and services.
- Support the effective implementation of new and extended business. Including the delivery, effective implementation and management of new print customers, and offering new products and services to existing customers
- Proactive development of existing customers; delivering and maximising sales opportunities. Own and update customer performance v print target file. Articulate customer spend activity and likely outcomes across the financial year
- Handle outgoing and incoming communications to sell profitable print related products and services. Daily contact with existing customers, including occasional site visits and reviews.
- Actively seeking and recording customer feedback. Measurement of issued tasks and progress (including any new opportunities outside of BAU customers) using Salesforce.com.
- To manage customer detail and products ensuring all records are accurate and current, as well as maintenance of customer commercials, including systems related cost & sell prices.
- Work with Supply Chain for the set-up for stock products, repeated specials, providing information on customer stock forecasting, trends and monitoring peaks/troughs in usage. Clearing obsolete stock and ensuring BAU customers adhere to any stock & storage agreement.
- Creating value and driving innovation: Ability to identify existing or new products and projects for improvement. Either to re-engineer or for opportunities to solution sell.
- Support fellow employees and contributing to individual and team sales and margin objectives
- All new customer targets are achieved or exceeded
- All sales KPI’s are met or exceeded
- Required administration work and reports are kept up to date
- All marketing and prospecting activities are documented in Salesforce.com and are accurate and complete
- Effectively build and manage client relationships and adequately secure all available resources and knowledge to develop a total commercial solution that will return the best possible impact for each of your customers and Staples as a whole
- To manage all sales, margin and cost of serve/profit responsibility for your acquired customer portfolio
- Effectively identify and secure all available resources to ensure the execution of prospect plans
- Develop and deliver best in class prospect plans to ensure the ongoing focus, execution and delivery of these plans and to ensure the appropriate balance between reacting to short term opportunities and developing mid to long term prospect strategies and relationships.
What you'll bring to Staples...
- Substantial industry relevant experience and a proven track record in business development and/or sales dealing with opportunities in excess of £1m in value along with print or print management experience.
- Solid high level understanding of complex / advanced process in the business-to-business industry.
- Successfully delivering targets consistently in a very competitive market place
- Ability to manage and analyse data with numerical understanding while operating in a highly competitive and dynamic environment
- A track record of continuous sales achievement and the ability to identify and work with relevant business resources
- Bench mark level negotiating skills with a strong commercial and financial awareness
- Solid communication (verbal and written) and active listening skills with an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Put our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Set priorities and make decisions with our customers in mind.
- Proactively address customer concerns and needs.
- Serve our customers to deliver their goals and aspirations.
- Take personal responsibility and pride in ownership
- Clearly define mutual expectations.
- Deliver on your promises.
- Be accountable for your actions and say it like it is
- One team working together to achieve the best results
- Leverage the support of your stakeholders to accomplish goals.
- Create win-win relationships and solve conflicts constructively.
- Treat people with respect and champion diversity.