Stock Control Manager
Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What Staples will offer you...
32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) 4% Contributory Pension Scheme Life Assurance Eye care vouchers Health cash back planOptional dental cover (pay-in) Perks@Work discount schemeFree onsite parking
Competitive salary, circa £35K and working Monday to Friday.
What you'll do at Staples...
Manage and optimise the stock control and support functions within the Distribution Centre in order to achieve the required standards of stock integrity, cost efficiency, quality and productivity. Ensuring the best possible service levels are achieved and maintained. You will manage Staples and third party inventories within budgeted levels. Manage all product data in WMS (Warehouse Management System) and ensure optimal placement of products throughout the warehouse (profiling) throughout the products life cycle. In addition, you will also manage, coach and guide colleagues in order to maximise their performance and help them to reach their potential.
- The stock data file is aligned between WMS and ERP systems
- Shrink levels are within budget
- Stock counts are undertaken periodically (and or annually), meeting the requirements of internal and external audit
- Plan and deliver 100% completion of all customer orders on a daily basis with minimal customer failures
- Support all associate development plans to ensure the Distribution Centre has a multi-skilled, motivated and flexible workforce
- Achieves agreed Absence Management targets
- Achieves agreed quality, performance and cost targets in the required timescales
*FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST*
What you'll bring to Staples...
- 4 years’ experience in a stock management position
- At least 2 years’ experience as a stock manager where the SKU count was >5k lines and a multimillion pound inventory level
- Minimum of 3 years controlling inventory and managing a team
- At least 3 years WMS super user experience.
- Proficient in WMS, Access and MS Office applications
- Proven leadership & motivational skills
- Experience of working to tight schedules.
- Ability to balance between long range planning and also meeting immediate operational needs
- Able to adapt quickly to meet business requirements.
- Working knowledge of budgets and forecasts.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Experience of continual improvement and or LEAN ways of working